Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Urgently procrastinating

Really shouldn't be posting up anything right now, cos I'm rushing 3 PR proposals, on top of my uni projects. But I need a break too, don't I? And I think I deserve one after working on the proposals since 5 minutes quite some time ago.

Some of you might have known that it's been only 3 weeks since I left SPH to join a small PR firm. When I say small, think really small. Small to only my boss and I. I love the job though, I've always enjoyed doing PR, working with the press, trying to pitch stories to the press, and in a small firm, there's always more to learn. Chances are aplenty, I should say. The pay is so much better than what I got previously, boss is alright, and I really should have nothing to grouch about shouldn't I? Yet I'm not happy in my current position, and I know I'm not performing as well as I should have.

I am a talkative sociable person. I need interaction. I need people. I can work independently, I can work alone, but not work lonely. You may say that there's still my boss, but, it's just different. Maybe I'm spoilt. Maybe I'm just lazy. But I feel... lonely. I might have thought too highly of myself, thinking that so long as I love the job, it doesn't matter even if I am lonely. I thought wrong.

For a while, I thought I was pretty useless to give up after such a short while there. But I did persevere, did try to see if I could hang in there a while more. Yet everyday when I go to work, I look forward to lunch, and after lunch, I look forward to knocking off. People could tell I wasn't really enjoying much there.

And so, after much consideration, I've decided to tender my resignation at the end of one month, probably sometime after National Day. And perhaps, after three years in the working world, it's finally time to take a break. A few job offers have come my way, but I'm still looking for that opportunity for me to do what I really want.

Yeah, a break sounds good. Will be going Hong Kong in August, for a short holiday. Looking forward to it though. Shoppers' Paradise... oooohh yeeeah...

No comments: