Wednesday, May 28, 2008

little miss manners.

getting married is such a hassle.

the wedding preparations... i wonder why people would put themselves through all this trouble. probably why wedding planners are great help. and the fact i won't be seen in a wedding dress anytime soon, makes me feel grateful that i'm not the bridezilla-to-be.

people ask me why i left the public relations line.. cos it seemed so fun and vibrant... and i told them in honesty that sometimes i'm tired of having my brain churn out politically correct answers which somehow can be untrue but sounds 100% true. and then u bring that kinda mentality home. you start talking to loved ones using politically correct answers, forming questions which will lead them to answer it the way you want them to.... and then it defeats the purpose of being truthful and open with your friends and loved ones, doesn't it?

you start being particular about mannerisms, because in PR, image matters. you get particular about the way people talk, because in PR, perception matters.

i am little miss manners, and i ain't shy to admit that. I like it and appreciate it when people display good manners; the basic being saying their 'p's and 'q's. During meal times, i don't like to stare into the inside of someone's mouth; and i don't know how to appreciate loud chomping. i can be a prude, or a bitch at that, but to me, it's just basic manners that one observes.

Telephone conversations are important as well. I don't like to hang up when there's no firm ending to the call; meaning, if both parties do not say goodbye, or when one party doesn't acknowledge the goodbye, then the phone call hasn't really ended, has it? it irks me to no end when someone hangs up after he/she has finished their side of the conversation, and with a 'thank you' or 'bye' they just hang up, while i am probably not yet done with the call. it makes me feel really really ignored.

maybe it's just me. i am a prude. there are just so many instances i can't stomach, and as much as i know i should just try to live with it, i hate the fact that it destroys my mood for the day.

i'm not perfect with manners, either. I do the hang up on people thing when i'm pissed. childish i know, but i get pissed and i'll just not bother. I just don't make bad manners a habit. or make bad habits become lousy manners.

so there.

i'm a prude. i'm a bitch when it comes to manners. shoot me.

1 comment:

Ouch! said...

sounds perfectly normal to me! =)