Wednesday, March 21, 2007

hmmm?

It's been a lazy couple of days ever since I got back from Auckland. And I was down with flu again. Kinda sucks ah, that I seem to fall prone to illnesses every couple of months. Ever since I was back, it was mahjong, sleep, TV, sleep, movies, sleep, and last night, KTV, sleep.

Managed to meet up with Jacob, Darren, Val and Louis for a movie, and 300 was fantabulous! The graphics were awesome, and Gerard Butler never fails to charm me with his... set of teeth. hee. Ah well, when he was acting in Phantom, all I could see was that set of teeth and his eyes. So I could recognise that set anywhere. Ok, that sounded a little wrong. The movie depicted Asia as an exotic place, with weird creatures and all. But a great movie, one I wouldn't mind watching a second time.

Then supper at Upper East Coast Road's Hong Kong Cafe, just because Darren didn't want to eat at the Hong Kong-styled cafe where we were at! I can't remember what we were talking about the whole day, but it was good to see them again. I just hope this friendship stays for long.

And at home, season 4 of 24 kept me up till morning, and finally dragged myself to bed after 3 or 4 episodes. I am such a TV junkie.

A guy friend posed me this question the other day, how would you know if you are happy with someone? And it somewhat became a debate to whether happyness is a state of mind or not. And if it becomes a state of mind, isn't it a rather... sad thing? That's the irony of it all, isn't it? And we all want to protect ourselves, especially if we've been through shit before. In the midst of protecting myself, I lost the ability to love, to even think about being with someone for long. I'm afraid of being too attached, and being in too deep. Sometimes I want to, but otherwise, I fear. So he said I should adopt this heck-care-come-what-may attitude, and it would get me further than I actually aim to. So probably it might. But then... it would be kinda... and empty ride for me, wouldn't it? Heck lah. I don't even know how to describe the way I am feeling now. It's just.. like there and not there kinda thing.

Shucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey.

i'll always be loving you from here, no matter how many heart breaks you go through, i'll stay here for you.

love,
J