Wednesday, September 10, 2008

weddings and marriages; like cakes and tummyaches.

Adrian & Val pulled it off, though the skies rained mercilessly. It was a very beautiful party, and I cried buckets. I am a lousy Maid-of-Honour because, 4 words into my speech i started to tear. Muahaha. Nonetheless, everyone enjoyed themselves, parents, in-laws, friends, guests, everyone!

I think marriage is a very, very, very big commitment. I love weddings, I do. I love to see the groom waiting anxiously, beneath that calm facade, at the end of the aisle for the bride, and the look on his face when he sees the love of his life walk in. It takes my breath away, and never fails to make me cry. Wedding vows, wedding dances, wedding music... all of which i love. Which is why i love planning weddings for people!

But marriage, is a totally different ball game altogether. Aly said that it's just like being in a relationship, to which i agree. Yet, when you're in a relationship, if things don't work out, there's always a way out - the exit. That would be the easy way out. But in a marriage, because it's sacred, it takes a lot more... work. A lot more compromising, a lot more acceptance, and a lot more understanding. And then we talk about forgiveness, and selflessness.

I often wonder how it could ever be possible for a wife to forgive a cheating husband; i just cannot. To stand by someone through richness and poor, i could do it; through health and illness, that I could too; the good and bad times doesn't sound too difficult... but when you are married, you exchange vows, and if you should not hold up to your side of the vow, should you be forgiven?

I'm just rambling... but the recent months have seen the most weddings in my life. All of which magical, all of which memorable. And thank you for letting me be part of that magical moment, as you celebrate your next milestone in life.

I just don't know if i will ever be ready for marriage. Maybe i don't work hard enough, or maybe i don't want it hard enough. Maybe one day i might finally get married, and maybe i might not. But between now and then, I would have to work harder at learning the fundamentals of love.

No comments: