Friday, October 20, 2006

noooooooo space to breathe.

Okie, I got back from a second trip to Cape Town, and this time round, we rented cars to go around the area. Had a lot of fun, wined and dined HEAVILY, and at the end of it, I'm sunburnt!

Managed to get the cars at the very very last minute! Headed out in 2 cars, with the tech crew as well, and we went to Cape Point & Cape of Good Hope first. En route, we had a heavy breakfast, and couple of us were almost blown off by the wind. The winds were strong, and even the locals said that it was pretty unusual to have that kind of weather. Even I lost my footing. SURPRISINGLY.

Ok photos!

capetown

Captain Loh said that when the head of a lizard/ chameleon (whatever you call it) changes colour, it means that it is ready for mating. And so we spotted this horny lizard/ chameleon (whatever you call it) on our way to the southern-most point of Cape Point.

I satisfied my craving for ice cream, cheesecake (but it wasn't nice), and popcorn. The popcorn was a surprise though. Hur hur hur. And then lots of cheap South African wines. Cheap and nice.

And.. Paris was good. I know Paris was a good long time ago flight but I haven't really had time to look through the photos.

paris1

Ok, I know this post is rather.. 'wham bam, thank you ma'am', a quickie at most, cos I am very tired, and I think I did something silly by changing all my off days for flights.

So I might most likely be operating to Melbourne tonight, and after I'm back, the next day to Copenhagen, and after I'm back, the next day Saigon turnaround, then Jakarta turn, and finally a Perth flight, all without any off days.

Yeah. My super long linked flight. This is the first time, and I guess most likely (hopefully) the last time I'll ever do such a thing to destroy my body clock. Hopefully after everything's settled at home I won't have to pull such stunts.

In fact, I was hoping very much to spend a good day just lounging around, watching movies and ... doing nothing at all.

Argh.

No comments: