Saturday, December 29, 2007

and there goes christmas. sad to say, i don't really believe in the twelve days of christmas, because i still think it was an excuse to party longer and get drunk longer.

but heh heh.
 
xmas this year was spent doing a bali nightstop, and treated to a balinese massage. I think i still prefer the massages in china.

nostalgia seeps back into thoughts when a familiar, old favourite christmas song is played in the distance. you stop, and wonder what about the song made you love it, or find comfort in it. it brings you back, to Christmas past.

is that what they meant by the ghost of christmas past?

giving up my christmas just to spend the night in bali gave me an earlier start to my leave till the end of this year. and counting down to the start of 2008 does nothing to make me feel comforted... that my close friends in this airline, those who keep me sane and care for me loads, have quit and with one heading to london in a few months' time... ... sigh.

so today was spent catching up with the teamies, or rather. all ex teamies. and before the girls came, the teamboy and i spent time catching up, and when i opened the present he gave me, it was just as practical as he could get. but in all aspects, i appreciate the thought, gesture and the gift. just probably the next time i hope it would be all calculated and preferably in notes. and for making sure i was ok before he left by walking me all the way to my next appointment, thank you.

and the long conversation after dinner left me thinking. i knew it hasn't been easy to stick through the past few months, and in many ways i'm sorry for causing hurt to people who care, just because i hurt.

ever felt that you actually don't know someone as well as you think you do, or as well as you know you should? the feeling sucks. and when you realise that others don't see you in the way you see them... it hurts.

i am as random as i can be now. everything's changing around us... and in our struggle to catch up with the changes, we fail to notice what has always been constant, the things which keep us sane.

Blogged with Flock

No comments: