Friday, December 07, 2007

of falling snow and runaway sanity

it started to snow just as we stepped out of the bus at JFK airport. The journey to the airport made me pretty sick, with all the abrupt jerking and all, but i looked out the window and i saw roads, cars, rooftops, trees all covered with a thin blanket of snow. At that moment, I wished i could be back in new york next week so i could be near when someone loses his virginity to snow.

as i revelled in the falling snow, i wondered why snow makes everything look so dreamy. i never really liked snow. it makes my hair go limp, my feet cold and mushy, but i had the urge there and then to catch the snow with my tongue. but of course. to do that in uniform not only warrants weird looks from other people and my colleagues, i might just find myself with a tongue-lashing (oh i made a joke) from the boss.

Christmas is around the corner, and although i'm thankful that i'll be home for xmas i really don't feel the festive mood in me. I guess the saying's pretty true, it's usually around festive seasons that people feel more depressed. and statistics actually proved that the rate of suicide is higher during christmas and festive seasons. Why am i talking about this at all?

i went completely berserk last night. and it happens to me more often nowadays. it could be the longer time spent away from home, the more lone time i get. and i kinda.. no longer know how to handle it anymore. it makes me feel horrible that i've turned into this monster i can't handle. i push people to their limits, the closer they are to me the more i want to push them away. i want to be around people but i don't want to be around people. and in the midst of a crowd, i feel like i'm alone.

i don't know how to turn it all around. i just want to disappear.

help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope u feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Heh chill babe. know it may sound flippant and simpletone-like but it really is that simple.

Chin up! Get sleep when you can...Rage at your love ones if u have to...(they'll understand and come the morrow they'll still be there)...here if u need inane distraction.

Heh and if all else fails tomorrow will be a better day. And if it doesnt turn out that way let me know! im sure i have fairly strong pills leftover somewhere heh...

ps: drinks when i get back!!!

Anonymous said...

You know i'm only a phone call away.
You don't have to handle this alone if u let me. I can be your sandbag, I can be your rage bin..only if you allow me to.

Cheer up my dear! it'll be over sooner than u think. You know everyone loves you!

My xmas wish? For you to get better or even better than before!! Make my wish come true, santa mama!!!