Tuesday, August 09, 2005

40 years of independence...

Watching the National Day Parade 2005 now, and feeling rather patriotic. The fleet of fighter planes just flew past my area, managed to snap a few pictures, but then, they weren't clear at all. *kicks self in ass*

Anyway, much as I think that having the parade at the Padang is good, the sight of tall office buildings in the background seems to make the whole parade cold, short of the warm human crowd. This year's parade doesn't seem as lively as previous years, though they brought the celebration right to the heartlands. I guess the National Stadium is still the best place for NDP.

I actually wanted to do a list of 40 things that remind me of Singapore, but I gave up at point 22. I mean, I don't need a list of things to tell me why I love Singapore right? Singapore is where my family and friends are, sufficient for 40 reasons right?

Just saw the fireworks from Jurong East area. Pretty curious... would people from the space station think that Singapore is on fire? The fireworks display is on at Jurong East, Yishun, Tampines, and Marina Bay at the same time. So from space, would it seem like Singapore is on fire?

Charcoal was pretty amused by the whole display. He watched with curious eyes, then growled when it didn't end. He's been poking his nose into everything, and right now, he's watching me type away at the iBook.

Alrighty, time to go back to doing my assignment. Had quite a bit to feast on today. Have a sudden craving for sushi though... argh...

No comments: