Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Happy National Day!

Singapore is 40 years old today!

Woke up at 10am today, which is rather funny, for I seldom sleep past 8am even though I don't have to work. The only few times I sleep past 8 are when I reach home at 6am after clubbing the night away, or when I'm ill. Well, I didn't exactly get a full rested sleep, kept waking up though. Charcoal ate a bee, and was coughing around 5 am, so I had to wake up and save him. Then at 8am, I woke up, but forced myself to go back to sleep cos it's a holiday! (I realised after I woke up that the next few days would be holidays for me unless I get a new job.)

It's bright and sunny now, feel like going down to Sentosa and getting a tan, but I'm lazy, so I scrapped that idea. Then I thought of baking some cakes, but I'm lazy to buy the stuffs, so I scrapped that idea. Then I thought of going swimming downstairs, but I'm lazy, so again, I scrapped that idea. Then I thought of cleaning up the house, but I'm lazy, so *cough* I scrapped the idea. Then I decided I was lazy and should sleep in, and I'm pretty much agreeable with that, so now I'm happy.

Yes, I'm lazy but so what? We deserve a break on our nation's birthday don't we? 40 years of independence wasn't easy yeah? We went through a lot, SARS, terrorists attacks... yeah?

On another note, I hope this year there will be no walkover for Presidency selection. I'm old enough to vote! And I want to vote!! I need more public holidays!!

Ok, gotta go slack somemore, and probably do my project.

Happy National Day!!!

No comments: