Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Willy Wonka... Willy Wonka...

Last evening, I met the girls to watch Charlie & The Chocolate Factory at Jurong Point. Haven't been there in a long long while, and that place hasn't changed much since the last time I was there.

Irene was very very generous to give us 2 free tickets to the show, so last night the 4 of us only paid $3.50 each for 4 tickets! Woo hoO~ But when I was at PS to take the tickets from her, I saw the lifestyle figure of The Maid near the ticket booth. Well, actually I was standing next to it without knowing it, so when I turned around I jumped out of my skin (again!) and ran away. THEY SURE HAVE FUN SCARING PEOPLE!

And since the movie last night, the song about Willy Wonka in the movie has been stuck in my head. "Willy Wonka...WIlly Wonka..." I don't remember the exact lyrics, but the TUNE is in my head. Argh! A friend said that the best way to get rid of a tune in your head is to get another tune to overwrite it. Yeah, like that helps.

The movie was alright, but I pretty enjoyed it cos I loved reading Roald Dahl's works when I was young. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, James and the Giant Peach, Matilda, The BFG... were among the books that I read (yes, used to be a bookworm and pretty much still a bookworm if I can afford the time to read). Er, the part I didn't really like was that the movie was full of singing and dancing... and all the little people (the oompa loompas?) HAD THE SAME FACE! I've never seen Johnny Depp's teeth that much before. Kinda cute. His hairstyle sucks though, I have a similar hairstyle, but very much longer than his.

When I was young and reading the story, I used to imagine being in Wonka's factory and drinking chocolate from the factory. I am a sucker for chocolates, especially thick dark chocolate. The darker it is the more I love it. And after the movie, I had the strong urge to grab all chocolates in sight. Damn. My diet's gonna fail again. Er, actually no, cos I haven't started any dieting.

Okie, I'm off to get a lunch treat from June! Laters~

1 comment:

Yan said...

i think they trying to make fun of bollywood singing n dancing. but it's kinda entertaining to watch those oompas loompas dance n sing, all having tt same comical face.