Monday, August 08, 2005

Today is Monday, no?

Today is the first day of my unemployed status... but funnily, I feel nothing. Perhaps it was because my weekend was burnt out by a workshop I attended. From a freaking early 9am to 11pm!! A full 14 hours per day for Saturday & Sunday!! I brought it upon myself really. Sigh. Glad it is over now though.

The workshop was pretty interesting, the first day very emotionally draining. All of us ladies were forced to revisit our pasts, and a lot of us cried during the workshop. It was also during the workshop that I realised I have actually moved on when I thought I haven't. Funny huh? Usually it's the other way, but well... We were encouraged to share our stories and thoughts with the class, and I was silently taken aback upon listening to their stories. Almost all of them cried while sharing, and I shocked myself by being able to tell my story without tears. That showed me that I've actually moved on. And well, I feel great!

But it took a lot of courage for someone to tell his/her story to people he/she hardly knows. I admire all the ladies who had the courage to speak out, to share. It took a while for me to start sharing, was pretty quiet during the first day, but slowly, I managed to open up to everyone. It was good. And by listening to someone else, I felt like I knew that person almost all her life.

And today, blur Gigi thought I was supposed to meet her when I told her many times I would pop by TP on Wednesday instead. Made me confused about the dates lah that woman. For a moment I thought today was Wednesday. SheesH!

I'm now being forced invited to go drinking with the guys at Holland V. Tired lah tired. Makeup off and I'm ready for bed already. *yawn* Ah nia old lah, cannot stay up too late lah, will get wrinkles one you know? I must stay pretty so that when I 40 years old got boy in 20s come chuut chuut me and ask for my lambur lah.

5 comments:

stoned.nerd said...

I have actually moved on when I thought I haven't. Funny huh? Usually it's the other way..

true that.

how does one tell if one has moved on?

just by sharing stories and not crying?

pray tell, i'd love to know.

callandor said...

i'll send some 20 year old boys your way to chut chut u when u hit 40 ok?

on another note, it's good to know you can talk about the past without feeling the pain anymore, guess it's at least half all right now. congrats i think :D

::jenn:: said...

For me, I know I've moved on when I can finally look back upon the past, and feel totally ok, instead of pain or sadness.

Previously, I was too afraid of thinking about the past, for fear of losing my emotions. When I was forced to during the workshop, I actually could relate my story and feel grateful for what had happened.

But one thing I've learnt, time really helps. alot.

stoned.nerd said...

oh okay. i can do that too.

time soothes all wounds.

PMS said...

I not blur!