Wednesday, August 03, 2005

to leave or not to leave...

I never realised National Geographic has so many interesting games to play. Was playing the face generator just now. Go on to NGC Face Game and generate a face. Oh, you can find my bored "made-up" face under the name Jennifer Chen. Gigi made a face under the name Sam Wang. She's a little wired wrongly in the mind.

The boss had just left for a meeting, and here I am, all alone again.

Honestly speaking, I'm growing into the job. Within one month, I have gotten the grasp of everything, and am handling a few clients on my own now, liaising with the relevant media without having to go through her. Such delegation, authority, makes me feel accomplished in a sense.

But yet, I still feel compelled to leave. In a time where there are a lot of people looking for job opportunities, I choose to leave. I miss the hospitality industry... where the people are warm, loving; where you are part of a family. I guess this happens in most organisations, but here, I feel suffocated, not by work, but by the loneliness.

Oh well. Should have brought my little Charcoal here to accompany me.

So I guess, I chose the easy way out - to leave. One month here was fulfilling work-wise, but did nothing much to myself.

Yeah, pretty useless person I am, you may think. And I can't refute that. I feel the same way at times. PR is my life, I like PR, but.... a case of right industry, wrong place? Yes, perhaps I'm finding excuses to make myself feel better.

The letter has been typed, and is now sealed in the envelope. Waiting to speak to the boss when she comes back.

It's also a good time for me to take a short break, to recharge. To do the things I've always wanted to do and yet had no time to.

No comments: