Monday, August 01, 2005

Love is the essence of life...

I used to believe in love.

I loved the feeling of being on the emotional roller coaster, where love could send you to the highest point of ecstacy, and then bring you to the depths of the dungeons; where love could dictate what kind of day you should have; where love could be the only thing you wake up to, and fall asleep with; where love is the only thing you breathed. Love, was my religion.

That was me.

And, sadly now I'm no longer a believer of love.

Until yesterday.

I was online, trying to rush an assignment which mysteriously disappeared (till now I still don't know where it went to), and a guy pal whom I was close to in poly (HG) confided in me about his relationship. My heart went out to him, cos he's a really nice fella, but sad that things between him and his lady didn't turn out well. We spoke over MSN, and I could see that he was getting more upset by the minute. He asked if I could give comments about something he did for her, and then he showed me what he made for her over his webcam.

HG wrote very touching words on large posters, and did a "powerpoint slide show". Simple, simple words, yet when put together, brings on a huge meaning. At that moment, I wished with all my heart that his lady would have a change of heart and work things out with him. I was suddenly overwhelmed by emotions, and tears welled up.

The 'presentation' ended, and I saw the look in HG's eyes. It was a look of resignation, somehow worn out by the love. But I never gave up believing in love, he said. Love is all that I have. And you should believe again, sister. You used to be full of love. That was what made you, you.

Perhaps so. And last night I wanted to believe in love all over again. Almost. For that brief moment.

But love is not everything, brother. Love changes everything, but it's not everything.

4 comments:

PMS said...

Erm..

Yeah.

So..

Can I still have your paper clips?

PMS said...

NO LAH!!!

Kidding lah!!

I still love you and I'LL BE THERE FOR YOOOOOOUUUU!!!!

callandor said...

yet one day i bet some lightning bolt will hit u on the head...

den u'll be in love again.

lightning bolt of love hor. not those electric one. den u just get frizzy hair.

::jenn:: said...

callandor/ logain/ aloysius:

eh, multiple personalities huh!