Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Of fear and dreams...

Met up with Angie & Stella today after a long period of... disappearance. Well, kinda.

A lot has had happened since our last meet up, which was... which.. was... er, erm.. during my hospital stay? At least I get to chat with Stella more frequently than with Angie, to catch up on details in our lives.

Today when we met up, we all had something in common: we have ex-boyfriends whom we all know pretty well. *laughs* But one thing they have in common that I don't, is new boyfriends. I'm just not ready. I've too many things I want to do and accomplish before I get involved in a relationship again. It takes a lot of effort, y'know? I'm no longer a student with lots of time and youth. I guess there are more important things in life calling out to me now.

And then when his name was brought up during lunch, I sort of flinched, and felt a little uncomfortable. But, hey, the best way to get over something is to confront it.

Ah well. I'm still never going to watch horror flicks to get over this fear. No way, amigos.

One of my greatest wish when I was young was to pursue my interest in music. I dreamt of being in London, at the Royal Academy of Music. But slowly, I realised that music wouldn't get me far in Singapore, and had to give up. Right now, I would give for anything to be able to pursue this dream again. But the fear of being poor financially kinda puts me off.

That's the problem with us huh, we are more concerned about the practicalities than what would make us happy and satisfied. I wish I had the courage to follow my dream.

Suddenly have the urge to do rock wall climbing. Haven't done that in.. ages. Wonder if the rock wall can hold my weight.

Eh brothers! Night cycling how huh?!

2 comments:

callandor said...

technically the rock wall can hold your weight. but i dunno about the safety straps, your fingers, and your feet.

and i know how to make you cured of your horror thingy le...

tell u on msn, haha.

::jenn:: said...

Thanks aloy. It feels great to know that a friend cares.

Ah well, heck the safety strap, yada yada yada.

If i fall, at most I will make a dent on the floor. Nothing's gonna break.

Cool huh~!